Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It's Starting Already, Part III

Yesterday, Edy was waiting to use the toilet as I was finishing. As I turned around to wash my hands, she says to me, "Daddy, you didn't put the toilet seat down when you were done".

So I asked her "Why is it my job to put the seat down, you are the person who has to use the toilet with the seat down. Shouldn't you be the person to put it down to use the potty?"

She replies, "No, it's your responsibility to put the seat down. If you don't put it down, I might fall in when I use the toilet."

"But you also won't fall in if *you* put the seat down before you use the toilet."

With exasperation and eye rolling, "Daddy, it's your responsibility."

Which is exactly the argument I have had with my wife for the past 13 years.

0 comments: